About Africa-Egypt (Egypt) destination customs law No. 207 related content reminder
Please see below regarding Egyptian Customs Law No. 207,
1. Any express shipments containing prohibited goods received in Egypt (please refer to the local customs announcement for details) will be automatically returned to the country of origin or detained and destroyed by the customs authorities
2. Any goods sent to Egypt with incorrect consignment information (weight, consignee name, number of pieces, value) will be subject to a fine of 30,000 Egyptian Gp (about 1920 USD)
3. The international express waybill number and the consignee's name on the invoice should exactly match the consignee's name on its country ID/passport, otherwise a fine of 30,000 Egyptian Gp (about 1920 USD) will be imposed
4. If the declared value of the shipment is more than 20% lower than the value determined by the Egyptian customs, the shipment will be subject to a fine of 50% of the customs duty + value-added tax amount
5. If the shipper/consignee requests to change the consignee name, the express will charge a change fee of 30000 EGP (about 1920 USD) and link to point 3
*For reference only, please refer to local customs requirements and operations for details.